The Sponge Cola experience

Way back during my younger years, I love going to concerts. I can only afford the cheap ones, though, so this limits me more often than not to local alternative bands. At that time, Sponge Cola was really famous.

During one of those concerts...

Sponge Cola fine-tuning their set on the stage and started to strum the guitar...

Intro to Jeepney...

Bumaba ako sa jeepney
Kung saan tayo'y dating magkatabi...

Audience were screaming at the top of their lungs, including me. WAAHHHH!!!


Magkahalik ang pisngi nating dalawa
Nating dalawa
Panyo mo sa aking bulsa
O ang kahapon mo'y naroon pa rin
Tawa nati'y humahalay 
Sa init nating dalawa...


Then someone shouted, "YAEL, I LOVE YOU!"

Oh, so that's why they were shouting?! But I thought it was because Sponge Cola, THE BAND, was playing on stage.

I, as soon, stopped shouting.


Subalit ngayo'y wala na (wala na)
Ikaw ay lumayo na (lumayo na)
Naaalala ko ang mga gabing nakahiga sa ilalim ng kalawakan
Naaalala ko ang mga gabing magkatabi sa ulan...


-- I miss going to UP Fair *sigh*

Comments

Popular Posts