Taken 2: A Review

I had to watch Taken 2 up close and personal today. Up close and personal? Because we sat three rows from screen. Close but not quite. Good thing the fight scenes weren't as action-packed as I thought it would be but it was thrilling enough.

Liam Neeson has always been a good actor but I guess he's just old to do these kinds of movies. You have to give him credit, though, for trying his best to give off a macho, god-mode effect on his character. All the same, I still applaud him for his acting.

Rade Sebedzjia caught my attention in this movie. He played the vengeful, hurting father well. Acting tough and cool despite the agony he went through. I guess his background helped him on that. (He is a popular Yugoslav actor, especially during the 70's and 80's.)

Story-wise, the movie stirred an emotion that is touching to parents. It's all about protecting your loved ones, especially your children. It also presented two sides of the coin. It showed how Westerners are and showed the Muslim culture, as well. How the Muslims were depicted in the movie was how I've known them to be.

And with this, I wondered, did the Muslims thought of Taken 2 as against their culture (following all the ruckus about the Innocence of Muslims)? Or could it be they felt an attachment to how they were represented in the movie? Maybe sympathetic to the Muslim characters there?

Anyways... As with most action movies, the beauty of the place wasn't really captured much. I'm sure it's a great city to visit. It's just sad that it was depicted that way in the movie. But hey, I'm not really complaining.

All in all, it was a great movie, delivering what it promised to be an action thriller film. I'm giving it a 7 out of 10.

Comments

Popular Posts