The Fruit of My Labor

The past two or three weeks, I've been asking help from friends on the how-to's of acquiring a new laptop. At first, my specs were at the minimum 512MB RAM, 128MB video card memory and should have a Centrino processor. But I have only so much money for a meager laptop. Kuya Domeng advised me last weekend to check out ebay.ph or tipidpc.com. He said there are bargain laptops there and have even brand-new ones at a cheaper price.

Monday, 19 February, I browsed through tipidpc.com and voila! I found a

Toshiba Satellite 1.6ghz Core Duo 1GB 120GB HD DVDRW PhP50,000

And when I checked out the specs, all the more I said WOW!!!
B000g6qfqq01_ss500_sclzzzzzzz__2

Toshiba Satellite A105-S4074

Standard features
• Intel® Core™ Duo Processor T2050 1.66GHz
• 1GB of DDR II memory
• Intel 945 GM chipset with Intel GPU features using Unified Memory Architecture UMA
• Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 128MB
• 120GB 5400rpm SATA 2.5" Toshiba HDD
• 15.4" Diagonal Widescreen XGA TruBrite™ Display* (1280x800)
• DVD SuperMulti (+/-R Dual-Layer) drive*
• Intel PRO/Wireless* 3945ABG (802.11a/b/g)
• USB2.0 (480Mbps), i.LINK™ IEEE-1394
• VGA and S-Video Out
• 1 Type II PC Card slot, 1 Express Slot
• 5-in-1 Media Reader, SD/SD mini, XD, Sony Memory Stick/Pro
• Windows Xp Media Center Edition
• Windows Vista Ready
• Primary 6 cell, 4700mAH Lithium Ion battery

Unit is Good as Brand. Complete with all documentations, manuals and recovery disc. No box.


I immediately contacted the seller, 8xspeed who by the way has great feedbacks at tipidpc.com. I asked him if I could check the merchandise first. And on we went to McDo BF that evening. It was worth the trouble coz the laptop was really cool. It was newly setup and it's "ohh, shiny...!" ^_^ Right then and there I decided to get the laptop.

Last night, 21 February, I met up with 8xspeed again to give him the money and at the same time claim MY NEW LAPTOP ^_^ When I got home I tested my toy, esp the Media Center and it was really great! ^_^ Everyone was like "oohhhh" and "aahhh". We were gawking at it the whole time.

I'm looking forward to doing many things on it in the future like you know play games and watch dvd and yeah... that's basically it. Just kidding! ^_^

I'm so proud of my new toy. All the more proud coz I got it  through hard work.

Watcha say? NICE huh? ^_^

Acknowledgements:
  • Kuya Domeng - for the advises, going with me to Sucat and helping me check out the laptop (I had no idea whatsoever what to check in a laptop teehee)
  • Aldwin - for lending me a laptop bag
  • Ross - for going with me to Glorietta and carrying the laptop around after we claimed it ^_^
  • 8xspeed - for a fun laptop and the great deal ^_^

Comments

Cheryl Hunny said…
Woohoo!
Congrats sa new toy mo. :)
Vista na sya or XP pa rin?

Yup, fun ang tpc. LOL. This is from a person who bought a USB vacuum for her wappie.
Louella -Sweet- said…
XP pa din but I'm not complaining hehe Super fun new toy ko. Lagi ko ngang iniisip habang nsa ofis ako. Bad kse ofis namin ayaw pabitbit laptop. Takot sila matalbugan. Oops, enough said. Mishu, Che!^_^

Popular Posts