The slide ride

Slowly I fell through the slide
The thrill, oh what fun!
Emotions flowing through
I was laughing, oh the rush!
Gathering speed, down, down, down
Pushed by the rushing water
Faster, I went down faster
Entering through the dark tunnel
Anxiety came over me
But I went faster and faster
I shouted, "Help!"
But no voice came out...
I wanted to shout but I can't!
And faster I go
Oh, and ever so faster
I can't breathe!
Gasping... I can't breathe
"Help, please help!"
I tried to hold on to the rails
But it just slipped past!
I can't hold on!
"Make it stop! Make it stop!"
Yet all I hear is just the water
Rushing all around me
Panic started to well up
Choking me, leaving me breathless
Faster I go, faster down
Just when I felt I was about to faint
I hit the water hard
Bubbles, bubbling... me, bubbling
I pushed hard, reaching
I gasped out as I broke through the water
Ragged breathe, trying to make it steady
Now I'm safe
Let's do it again?

Comments

Popular Posts