Nostalgic

As I entered the PCHRD office on a Saturday, nostalgia hit me really hard. I missed the office, its familiar surroundings, the people whom I've come to know the past 6 years, my cluttered desk, even my pc... everything.

You see, PCHRD is where I grew up. This is where I learned to deal with different kinds of people. I've encountered bossy, noisy, authoritative, annoying, quiet and sly people. But this is also where I found my second family. This is where the PCHRD Jologs started. It started with a few young RICUP staff then: Eyna, Misyel, Mayet, Lorena, Anya, Alex, Fred and me. Then later on, every new young employee became part of our family. And every year it just keeps on growing and growing.

But then things do change. As the saying goes, change is the only permanent thing in this world. We go our separate ways. We find greener pasture. We seek happiness elsewhere. We get better opportunities.

In this one-room office, I have shared so many memories with friends and loved-ones. Laughter at cubicles and each corner. Tears at the server room, also known as the confession room. And as I enter through the front door, all the memories came rushing back despite the silence, the stillness.

Many more will come and go and I will move on to other places but PCHRD will always remain special in my heart. And I know it does, too, with other Jologs out there.

HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY, PCHRD! ^_^

Comments

Popular Posts