Autumn Disposition

Autumn is here, and it has started getting cold - rainy and gloomy. We're mostly stuck at home, well, mainly due to the pandemic, but also the weather doesn't permit it so much. I know, I know, I should learn the Swedish way "Det finns inget dåligt väder, bara dåliga kläder" (There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes). Still...

And so on this rainy day, I'm stuck feeling gloomy, listening to soft French tunes and, annoyed, restless, unsettled. Thinking about thoughts like what gives meaning to life, what makes one happy, what's the purpose of all these? And then thinking about missing home, and missing family and friends. Thinking about how I'd love to travel again but then where, when? Dare I do it with kids in tow? 

Still, glad though, that this morning I had a very brief phone call with beautiful ladies whom I miss very much, and to celebrate Ully's 40th. Thinking about that makes my heart glad. And so now I started I feeling better again, when happy thoughts started creeping in. I hope it stays that way. I hope I'll remember to think of happy thoughts tomorrow...

Comments

Popular Posts