And Just Like That

I read Wace's status... "Very timely. God talked to me agad."

Indeed, God makes all things beautiful in His time! Just when I was wallowing in misery and disappointments and all that frustrations, He sent me angels. Angels who encouraged me and fired me up, who shared their experiences. I heard stories of struggles and victories, of strength and will. Angels who would just listen and let their love fill you up. Thank You for these angels!

As I was reading my daily devotional at the bus, I read this note. And just like that, I heard Him speak. After a long time, I felt His arms around me again and He didn't seem so distant anymore...

When she was a little girl, Corrie Ten Boom (a Dutch Christian who helped Jews escape from the Nazis during the Second World War) went to her father and said, ‘“Daddy, I am afraid that I will never be strong enough… for Jesus Christ.” “Tell me,” said her father, “when you take a train trip to Amsterdam, when do I give you the money for the ticket? Three weeks before?” “No, Daddy, you give me the money for the ticket just before we get on the train.” “That is right,” her father said, “and so it is with God’s strength. Our Father in heaven knows when you will need the strength... He will supply all you need just in time.”’

I have been reading about the book of Job these past few days. I guess we all know what the story was about: how Job was tested and how he came out triumphantly from these trials. I have to admit I had a hard time understanding the flow of conversation. If you are not careful, you may tend to agree with Job's "friends", like when they told him, you must have done something bad for God to inflict this on you. Or that when they said, we know better because we are older and smarter. They were trying to "encourage" him but instead Job wasn't comforted.

It's tough being judged when you're going through something. But, in the end, no matter how much your friends encourage (or discourage) you, it's really up to you to say STOP - I want this to end. After all, whoever in their right mind would want to be in misery forever, right?

Time and time I fell off from the ride with Jesus but He never cease to show me how much He loves me. I will overcome! I will be still and know You're God!

Comments

Popular Posts